>> Monitoring Mechanism
System of Inspection and Control over the performance of USOF Schemes
The following provisions exist in USOF Agreements by way of monitoring and control of activities:
- Agreement terms and conditions to guarantee adherence to QoS
- Self certification through an affidavit by Service Providers
- Deductions for service interruptions
- Roll out clause
- Liquidated damages
- Post payment sample verification
- Physical inspection
- Annual auditor's certificate
- Recovery of over payments with penal interest
The USOF Administration is assisted by 22 Controller of Communication Accounts (CCA) Offices.
Spread accros india's 22 Telecom Service Areas. These field units of the Department of Telecom (DOT) have been delegated the functions of subsidy disbursement and verification of subsidy claims. They assist the USOF Administration in monitoring of the field level implementation of USOF Agreements. They also liaise with state and local government authorities in this regard.